Monday, February 10, 2014

Iowa I Grandma Schlick's funeral

My Grandma Schlick passed away on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at the age of 92 and I was able to go to Iowa for her funeral.
I left early on February 3rd on dark roads. You know you live in the middle of nowhere when you can use your bright lights on the Interstate.
 I think this was the first time in my whole life that I stayed in a hotel room all by myself!
 The best part was getting to visit with my aunts, uncles, cousins...and my dad--who I hadn't seen in almost 2 years!
At the funeral there were several important genealogical documents of my Grandma's so I snapped a few pictures.
Her baptismal certificate
Confirmation

 And marriage document
After the funeral I drove 1 1/2 hrs. to visit with family on my mom's side. I was able to visit my almost 98-year old grandma in the nursing home, celebrate my cousin's daughter's 9th birthday, have lunch with my grandma's sister and spend time with my favorite aunt and uncle. :)
I looked through boxes of my grandma's things and found another treasure: her wedding announcement.

1 comment:

kg said...

I love all the documents, treasures for sure!