Sunday, September 23, 2007

13.1 in 2:22:02


WE DID IT!!!! Kelly and I crossed the finish line together and completed the 13.1 miles in 2 hrs., 22 min., and 2 sec. Here's the play-by-play in pictures.....

Up early.....me and Meg (Kelly's sister) drinking our Accerade
and eating a Power Bar
Pinning on our race numbers.....oooooh, my first race, I'm getting excited!

Leaving for the race
notice it's still dark outsideHere we come!
There we go!
I had some good moments and some that were not-as-good but all in all I thought it was a lot of fun. Kelly and I stayed with his sisters til mile 6 when they took off...we caught up with McKenzie at mile 8 or so.....and we all finished the race within minutes of each other.
Our first race together (and I'm assuming it's not our last???)
The Meredith family runners! Me, Kelly, Meghan, and McKenzie
Many thanks to my mom-in-law, Mary, for being race photographer for this event. And another big thanks to my mom who kept the kids Friday night AND still managed to get them all to the race early the next morning to cheer us on!

8 comments:

Meghan said...

WE DID IT!!! Can you believe it? I still can't. So glad we all did it together, thank you so much! I love you guys! :)

kg said...

Yay! You did great! I hope I'm there with ya next year...but I can act like I did it by wearing the t-shirt right? Way to go!!!

Lisha said...

You are amazing! Great job! I was so impressed to see you at church today. And, yur kids are so darn cute, I just ate them up during the primary program.

danakat said...

So where was your number at church today? How many times do I have to ask? :)
I am so excited for you, but I am so depressed for myself. Do you know I think it takes me 2 and a half hours to walk 4 miles?
I am in awe...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Don't count on the other sister-in-law joining you anytime soon, or anytime at all. Maybe next time I could at least be there to cheer you guys on. Looks like a great weight loss tool all four of you looked great!

Stefanie H said...

wow. im jealous haha.Have u always been a runner?

danakat said...

Quick question...if I start running, will my legs look that good? (yours, not the hairy ones) :)

Lisa said...

CONGRATS!!