Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guess Who Won the 2nd Grade Spelling Bee!!!

Our super speller Kierstyn, of course!!! She was SO AWESOME!!!!! and we are SO PROUD of her! She said she was nervous but it didn't show a bit. She even asked "May I have the definition, please?" a few times. :) I think I was as nervous as she was....on the stage in the auditorium in front of the whole 2nd grade (60+ kids!), parents, and teachers! What were the winning words, you might ask? "habit" (after the 2nd place finisher misspelled it) and "shirt"

We even went to Sonic after school to celebrate!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kierstyn!! How fun to be in a spelling bee-- I think we only had ones within our class when I went to school.

Mama Mary said...

Well, I must say she is the cutest, happiest spelling bee winner I have ever seen! WAY TO GO KIERSTYN!! Not the least bit surprised, however, very pleased and excited for our girl. Between you two girls, is there anything you can't do ~ hmmm, didn't think so. AWESOME. Mama Kate would be SO proud ~ I KNOW we are!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hooray for Kierstyn! This is wonderful news! What a bright, beautiful girl!

Wendyrful said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! That is awesome!!! I've never been great at spelling!

Lisha said...

Way to go! I'm so impressed, I can't spell outloud to save my life!

Shannon Carlson said...

Hooray Keirstyn!
Brother Carlson told me to tell you congratulations from him too! Sounds like you are doing awesome over there in Tenn. but we still miss you!
Love,
Sister Carlson

Karen said...

Wow. That is awesome. Way to go. What a fun day that will be to remember!

danakat said...

Fan.Tas.Tic!
And what a great trophy!

Denise said...

the pride of parents....i love it! isn't it GREAT when our kids excel????
Congrats to you all!