Saturday, April 11, 2009

11 Reasons Why I Love My 11 Year Old


1. He's not afraid to cry at a movie.

2. The love notes he leaves under my pillow.

3. He always wants to follow the rules.

4. His goodnight kisses.

5. He lets me listen to his iPod whenever I want.

6. His endless gratitude...and his desire to express it. Kyler is constantly thanking me for making dinner, taking him somewhere, etc. and he never ever makes a show of it. Usually he walks up to me and quickly (and quietly) whispers, "Thank you for..."
7. He is the easiest child for me to parent. His personality is so like mine that I usually just have to ask myself, "What would I have wanted my mom to say/do to me in this situation?" And most of the time it works.

8. He often does the other kids chores for them...just because.

9. He will eat anything I make for dinner.

10. His dimples.

11. He loves to organize things.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kyler!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, buddy!! I woke up thinking about you this morning- 11- WOW! That is all I am going to say. :)

Shannon Carlson said...

Happy Birthday Kyler! We all miss you a lot!

kg said...

Happy b-day Kyler, you're such a good boy!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I think the things you chose to share about Kyler are so very sweet. Sure is great to be a mom.

McKenzie said...

I can't believe Kyler is 11! He is such a good kid. I am so glad he is the oldest and great example for all the other cousins. We love you Kyler!!

hope said...

How sweet!! Happy Birthday!!

Mama Mary said...

Happy GOLDEN Birthday to one golden young man! I echo your 11 reasons for loving Kyler ~ and actually could go on and on and on. . . He is the bestest of the best! Happy Birthday! OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Meghan said...

Kyler is the prize child!! He is such an incredible young man and a great example to ALL his cousins!! He is the most lovable and kind hearted child. I love that he still gives hugs and kisses. He is so responsible and just amazing! I am in shock he is this old!

Jennifer M. said...

Kyler, we love you! Happy, Happy Birthday to you! You were 6 wks old at our wedding and now you're as tall as me! I know everyone else has told you this, but you TRULY are such a great example to your cousins. They love you and look up to you. Thanks for being YOU!