Friday, September 23, 2011

a whole lot of randomness

It's been a cloudy, rainy couple of days. I normally wouldn't mind but yesterday was the only Cross Country meet that Kierstyn was going to be able to run in (because of her play practices) so I was pretty bummed when it was canceled.

My latest food obsession: Trader Joe's Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds. Trust me, your life is not complete until you try these. Good thing there isn't a Trader Joe's around here....

Kelly and the kids are having a pushup contest. They are doing 100 pushups every day and timing themselves to see how fast they can finish. Something about the competition aspect makes it a little more fun for them. I'm content to just watch (and eat my almonds :)).

Check out this awesome picture Kelly sent me last nightCity lights of San Francisco

Kyler went to Jekyll Island, GA, for a school trip. He was gone 3 1/2 days. I picked him up Wednesday night. I need to make him write down what he learned/what he remembers from the trip. He did tell me a little bit about it on the way home that night. He had a good time.

At the risk of jinxing myself and causing a devastating computer crash and loss of files, I have been working on my blog book for 2011. I'm finished through mid-August. It helps that I haven't blogged quite as much this year. I hate that I haven't blogged quite as much this year.

Kelly acquiesced to my plea for family pictures. So I will now be obsessed with finding photo-worthy coordinating (but not too matchy-matchy) outfits for the 5 of us. It will likely consume my waking moments until I feel like I've got it all together--which will no doubt be the day before pictures.

I love my Dictionary app on my iPhone. I use it at least 3 times a week.

Biggest Loser started this week--yay! I really liked it except for Anna, the trainer. She totally got on my nerves. And I'm glad Debbie was the one voted off.

Heard this last night and I think it was something I needed to hear: "Every day is important to you because the way you choose to spend your time will determine the person you become."--Kristen M. Oaks

Happy Friday!!! Hooray for the weekend!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Love the random post!! Good luck with the coordinating outfits. :)

Natalie said...

What a fun randomness email. I like the update. Miss you!