Tuesday, December 31, 2013

{December}

Christmas is in the air! I dug out this unfinished nativity set I've had in a box for 5+ years and finally painted and sanded it.  I love it!
 Then I made this cute banner to hang above it.
 I also made a new display for my Christmas cards.
 I just love how the kids love our traditions.  To be honest, making/decorating sugar cookies is not my favorite thing to do...but they all insisted and we had a lot of fun.
 Trevin got a little creative with the last of his dough and made this interesting "thing".
Some more dog pictures...

 (This one's my favorite!)
Kelly had to go to Chattanooga for work and he snuck up to Murfreesboro for one night.  He surprised the nieces/nephews at their wrestling tournament.

And then some random...
My funny-faced girl wearing the new shirt Grandma gave her.
Most of December was pretty mild and we really didn't even have much snow but there were a few cold days. -9 on the way to school one morning....brrrrrr!
Which was probably the same day I spent wrapped up on the couch reading my book with a cup of hot chocolate!
 I have several friends who are expecting a baby in the next 3 months. Ashley was first and I made this set for Baby James.
After Christmas we took an overnight trip to Boise so Kelly and I could complete our goal of attending 12 temples in 12 months.
Kierstyn went to Utah with the Steeds but the boys came with us and our friends (and their 5 boys) came too.  The boys all had a blast swimming at the hotel pool.
We stopped at Which Wich for lunch which just so happens to be co-owned by Trevin's best friend's dad from TN. We had to take this picture to send to him. :)

No comments: