Thursday, May 27, 2010

a great playdate

Our summer is off to a great start! Monday was Field Day and the last day of school. First thing Tuesday morning we made our (very long) list of things we want to do this summer and we've already checked a few of them off!

Today I had a friend come over and we made aprons. Look how cute! We followed this tutorial with a few modifications.

While we sewed, the kids all played together and came up with lots of fun things to do. The girls really wanted to craft but I didn't have what they needed/wanted on hand so they decided to play in the kitchen instead. Keep in mind that they came up with all of this on their own. I had NO idea what they were doing until after it was done. First up, chocolate dipped strawberries....Then it was on to s'mores....Everyone played with playdoh for awhile....and of course these two spent some time on the computer...Kyler was a good sport for quite some time and then he got rather involved in his book--and finished it!
I was really proud of them for figuring out what to do and doing it. And there was hardly even any fighting at all. Everyone had a fun day!

And speaking of creative play......Who would've thought that a bag of red plastic cups could provide so much entertainment?! Trevin has been playing with these for 2 days straight now. Seriously, who needs toys?



4 comments:

kg said...

Who played more, sewing moms or kids? ;) I love the apron, how cute!!! And Trev, love your cup structures!!

The Hales said...

I love your apron. I need to make or buy me one...someday I will. Your kids are like mine. who needs toys, all they need is all the fun stuff in the house, that is much more fun any way.

Mama Mary said...

Can I come play? I am so going to get a bag of cups to entertain Heath tomorrow!!! Awesome! Kudos to all for all the fun - an extra kudo to Kyler for finishing his book! XOXOXOXOX

Meghan said...

I need to make one of those!!! I love it!!!