Sunday, May 30, 2010

Project Finished: Painted Boys Desk

FINALLY.....I get to reveal a Before/After project. :) (I'm never very good at remembering to take a "Before" picture.)
This desk was in Kelly's childhood bedroom. Not sure when/where it originally came from or if it has any sentimental value. We acquired it somewhere along the way. It's been in the boys room (piled high with j-u-n-k) and I had actually envisioned painting it turquoise and moving it into Kierstyn's room but on a whim I changed my mind and decided to change it up a little for the boys. I am SO happy with how it turned out!

BEFORE
AFTER
This is my favorite part! I went to the store to buy new hardware....I'm a fan of the brushed nickel look but I wasn't willing to pay the $4.30 price tag for those babies. So instead I bought the exact.same.hardware in this 80's brass finish for only $1.27 a piece.Then I bought this awesome spray paint for $6.75 (which was soooooooo easy, by the way).
I needed 9 drawer pulls so I figure I saved over $20!Now how am I going to make sure that all that j-u-n-k doesn't reappear?!

6 comments:

kg said...

I love it!! It looks so good and the spray paint, who would of thought!? Awesome!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that desk!! It was a favorite of mine- along with all the other old furniture from our childhood- I am the sentimental one. :) I love the changes to it- it makes for an awesome boys desk. Not sure about the junk solution. Maybe they will naturally take care of it on their own.

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are one talented friend. The desk truly looks fantastic. I bet your boys are thrilled! (And, all of a sudden, I am remembering a certain unanswered email. OH please forgive me.)

Meghan said...

My jaw literally dropped!! It looks amazing!! I am sentimental like MK, I love that the desk is still around. :)

Jessica M said...

Ah! I love it! Painting cheap drawer pulls?? Brilliant. And the aprons are super cute too.

Mama Mary said...

That is incredibly awesome!! Looks like it came right out of Pottery Barn. NO sentimental attachment to the desk before. . . but NOW it is worth being "attached" to for years to come. I "think" the desk came from Grandmother - but not 100% sure about that. You NEVER cease to AMAZE me!!!