Saturday, August 11, 2007

What are the odds?




Soccer season is off and running.....(am I ready for this?--NO!) Kyler and Kierstyn had their first practices last night and got their uniforms. What are the chances that they would both be on a purple team AND have the same number??? Hope it brings us some sort of luck!


This morning was Opening Ceremonies for all of AYSO (soccer organization) so we went out to melt in the heat and watch the kids walk behind a fire truck--woo hoo, some great parade! (please note the sarcasm) Afterwards the kids stayed to play on the HUGE inflatables. At least they had a great time!



I must take a moment to tell my parents THANK YOU for the endless hours they spent at the soccer field for me and my brother. We were both on travel soccer teams for years and I can only imagine how many hours (days, weeks, years) of their lives were spent at the soccer fields in our behalf--What were you all thinking?!? They are MUCH better people than I am because unfortunately I don't find much pleasure in rushing around getting ready for practice, running back and forth between practices, melting in the heat, eating dinner at 8:00 etc. etc. And Kelly's mom did this with 5 kids! Kelly said, "when I was Kierstyn's age I played football, basketball, baseball, and was on a swim team" (and I'm probably leaving something else out). How did you do it???? I have a newfound respect for sports moms everywhere!!!

No comments: