Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Woo Hoo!!! My first blog!

Ok-I've been wanting to do this (blogging) for awhile now and today my friend Kim sat me down and got me started--so here I go! Now that the kids are back in school I should have all this free time to blog, right? Ha! I'm not sure if anyone will even care about what I write or the pictures I post (assuming I can someday figure out how to do that!) but at least it'll give me something to do besides reading everyone else's blogs. Before I get started, let me say this: I am so totally computer-illiterate that it will take me a loooong time to figure ALL this out so please bear with me while I learn. Kim, I'm already wishing you were here holding my hand and helping me through my first blog!

Seriously though, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading all my friends' blogs and so maybe, just maybe someone might enjoy reading mine. Well, at least maybe my mom might enjoy it. (Moms are always good for that sort of thing.) Oh, and the biggest reason for my taking the blog-plunge....I can finally stop feeling guilty for not writing in my journal (yes, Dana, I feel your pain!). I actually pulled out my old journal the other night and get this: my last entry was in 2004 (and I only wrote in it twice that whole year!) so you can see how good I am at keeping a record of my (and my family's) life. My hope is that this blog will give me the encouragement I need to write down the happenings of our lives and my thoughts about them. And hopefully 6 months from now I won't be sitting around feeling guilty for not writing in my blog!

Now, I'm no super photographer like my friend Kim nor am I a talented comedic writer like my friend Dana so you'll just have to deal with me the way I am.....I keep waiting to be perfect and it's not happening so I'm trying to learn to love my imperfections and shortcomings....and hopefully you will too. Mostly this is just a place for me to keep track of the mundane day-to-day activities of my family and keep my friends and family a little better informed about our lives.

Since it's Back to School time, I'll start with some 1st day of school pictures:
These pictures were both taken yesterday morning on the first day of school. Kyler, however, didn't make it to school yesterday because he unfortunately came down with a nasty stomach bug that kept him home on the first day. He was better today though and had a great first (2nd) day of school! (I asked him if I could take his picture again this morning and he said, "Can't you just use the picture from yesterday and pretend it was my first day?")

6 comments:

kg said...

Yay for blogging!! You'll love it :) I love your family camping picture!

danakat said...

Woo Hoo is right!!! I am so excited to have another blog (especially yours)to enjoy!
You're kids are cute. And I can't figure out what Kyler's shirt says?
Congrats again on the blog!
What has Kim started...?

Jen said...

It says "Can you dig it?" (It's a John Deere shirt.)
Thanks for the comments! :)

Lisha said...

Jen, I feel your pain on the not-feeling-quite-so-adequate front... Hopefully someone will enjoy my blog, and I sure enjoyed yours!

Alisha

Anonymous said...

looks great, Jen! I'm very impressed. Thank you for reminding me of how guilty I feel for not keeping a better journal. That thought had just crossed my mind today. Who knows, maybe someday I'll find the time to do something like this, too.... I look forward to reading your updates. :)

Meghan said...

I love that your blogging. You crack me up! I wish I would do this. But I'm afraid no one wants to hear what I have to say. Oh well! I will faithfully look at your blog!

LOVE TO ALL THE MEREDITH'S!