Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rainy Day

Yay! It's raining!!!!! Which means I don't have to keep moving that stupid sprinkler around the yard to water our newly-seeded grass.

It also means that it's a perfect day for trying out new recipes. :) First I made this Master Muffin Mix to keep on hand and then used some of it to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins. I followed the directions except I used chopped, dried apple slices (from food storage) instead of the freshly grated apples. Yum! Perfect for breakfast. I think my kids will love them!

Then on to pumpkin.....Pumpkin cookies and pumpkin bread. LOVE this blog by the way-- http://everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com. Cookies are delish and the bread is still baking in the oven!

If only I found so much pleasure in actually cooking dinner for my family....

5 comments:

hope said...

Okay, I am in love with the link you put down!!! Whole Wheat recipes that have pics with them to prove that you can get cookies that look like cookies (sometimes substituting straight wheat flour for white gives you little cakes instead of cookies). It is awesome!! Food Storage is one of my favorite hobbies!!

kg said...

I LOVE pumpkin cookies and bars!!!! Yay for rain!

Heather said...

Love the links!!! Thanks a million!

I couldn't wait to get up early this morning and get started on the master muffin mix. I made a batch, then made some muffins. I was so disappointed when my kiddos didn't like them :( I am going to keep trying though...they will learn to eat these! ;)

Jessica M said...

I'll have to check out that website! I'm making pumpkin cake this weekend. I love the fall!

Scott said...

I can't call it a rainy day but unfortunately I can call it a snowy day her in Idaho. I guess the bigger issue is how I can't motivate myself to make magic muffins while I'm stranded in my apartment avoiding the cold weather. But they sound so good!