Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Soaking Up the Last Rays of Summer

It is 87 degrees here today!!! Fall Break? They should just call it 2nd Summer Break. I'm definitely NOT complaining though. We took advantage of the hot day and squeezed in one last trip to Coolidge Park for playing in the fountains. And I got to bask in the glorious sun--yay! I actually have a little sunburn. :)

One other thing....the kids decided to make a chocolate cake--from scratch--all by themselves this morning. I was in my room working on my Sacrament talk (grrr) and they asked if they could do it all by themselves. They were attempting a basketball cake that they had seen in a cookbook but we changed it to a pumpkin cake. It only took 2 tries but I think they did a great job! And here's some funny pumpkins the kids created

Kelly took our computer to someone today who is hopefully going to make it all better. I'm just hoping that we can recover my Blurb book that is complete through August. You don't want to be near me if I find out it's gone forever. It won't be pretty. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Tomorrow we're off to the big city (Atlanta!) for a couple days of fun. You people didn't seriously think we'd be able to stay home for a whole week, did you?

5 comments:

kg said...

Have fun in Atlanta!!!

Lisha said...

Oh gosh, I would cry if my blurb book was lost, though I'm not as cauht-up as you. Have a great time in Atlanta!

Anonymous said...

Lost your blurb book ~ oh, man, NO, NO, NO ~ can't be so ~ I will be thinking positive thoughts and offering up prayers that ALL is saved! Enjoy Atlanta!!! OXOXOXO

Jenni said...

Enjoy Atlanta - we were there during the gas shortage - what a nightmare - 18 stations before we found gas! Don't completely count the computer out if they say it can't be saved - Howard might have some ideas for you since that is his line of work (computer tech). Miss you guys!

danakat said...

Jealous you're so close to the Chattanooga water fun.

Freaking out for you about your blurb book. But I'm sure it's still there. Of course it is.

Good luck with your sacrament talk.
Do the people in your new ward know how lucky they are?