Monday, January 25, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Week 3 Results

Ok, so I know I said I was going to eat from the pantry this month (with a few exceptions) but the couponing bug got the best of me last week and I couldn't pass up some of the great sales on items we normally eat.....the good news is I got $95 worth of groceries for only $57! Yes, I saved over $41!!!! Maybe not as good as some of you couponing wizards out there but this couponing newbie was ever-so-excited! My favorite was the Meal Deal at Bi-Lo: Family size Stouffers lasagna, garlic toast, Pepperidge Farm frozen dessert, & a 6-pack of Pepsi for only $9.99! (I liked it so much I went back this morning and got another Meal Deal.)

What we ate last week:
Mon.-SantaFe Soup (my all-time favorite food storage recipe--thanks, Dana!)
Tues.-Scrambled eggs and toast
Wed.-Grilled chicken salad
Thurs.-Fried rice w/ham
Fri.-Dinner at IHOP at 11:30pm (don't ask!)
Sat.-Leftovers/Cereal :)
Sun.-Chili & baked potatoes

Only 7 days left!....I'll try not to lose my willpower at the grocery store this week but no promises!! :)

6 comments:

Cortney said...

Wow! I'd like to get in on that Meal Deal! Nice score!!

danakat said...

You continue to impress me with this crazy challenge. I think I'm just going to call so you can walk me through some things I have questions about. Plus, I miss our chats. You always make me laugh. This would be a good week for a nice laugh with a good friend. :)

But really...I have to ask...IHOP at 11:30???

Meghan said...

You continue to amaze me Jen- You always have, you always will!!

Michael and Lindsey said...

Good for you "rookie" couponer! Sounds like you've got it figured out!I can't wait for you to post some pics of your deals on my blog! (hint, hint!)

lisapenn said...

I love couponing! It makes me so excited and happy. : ) I'm a nerd.

Cathi said...

I would love to know your food storage idea for Sante Fe Soup. jonescathi@gmail.com

Thank you!
PS I Enjoy reading your blog