Monday, February 1, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Week Four (It's February and I can go shopping!)

Crazy week......there were 2 days we didn't get home til after 8:00 (thus McDonald's and Sonic). Then Kelly & Kyler were gone so we just feasted on our favorite non-healthy foods. Can't wait to go grocery shopping today!


What we ate last week:
Mon.-lasagna, green beans, garlic bread, & chocolate cake
Tues.-leftover lasagna and/or chili
Wed.-McDonald's
Thurs.-Sonic
Fri.-mac-n-cheese, carrots
Sat.-homemade cheese pizza, carrots
Sun.-popcorn

My grocery totals for the month were not exactly what I'd hoped for but we did successfully use up lots of lingering food. Time to go get stocked up again!

1 comment:

Michael and Lindsey said...

Jen- When I started the challenge, I honestly thought that maybe I could get by on $50/week for groceries and toiletries for 2010. Thank goodness I did this challenge. Now I know that is definitely NOT an option for us! I spent well under our usual budget but am thankful to be able to buy some ice cream and snack-y foods once again!