Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Home Decor

The boys added a couple new things to their room this week. Trevin brought home his Egyptian sarcophagus (please note the Egyptian hieroglyphics down the front). It's as tall as Trevin! He found a perfect spot for him in the corner.And Kyler decided to hang this BYU banner over his bed. :)


I realize that I never posted Kierstyn's room re-do from her birthday (waaaaaaaay back in September). That's because #1. I'm still not finished with it (just need something to hang on the wall above her bed) and #2. My camera really, really stinks and I can't for the life of me get any good pictures. Here's a sneak peak at a pillow I made for her bed (the striped material in the middle matches the HUGE cornice board we made for her very large window)and the lampshade I recovered.If you look closely in the above photo you can see the light blue I painted her walls. Kim, I really need you to come take pictures of Kierstyn's room for me. :)


In preparation for the Relief Society luncheon I hosted last week, I did a little re-decorating. Remember this cute Valentine craft I made? Since it's not V's Day anymore I turned it into this and put it on top of my kitchen cabinets. I found the directions here. (It's really cuter than it looks in the photo.)Then I dug out this old photo of me and Kelly on our wedding day. Ahhhh, young love.The luncheon was the perfect excuse to finally print some pictures Kim took of our family last Fall. I found this cute frame and hung it on the blank space above our small couch.I'm really lucky that Kelly puts up with all my attempts at redecorating/organizing. This corner of our kitchen has changed 3 times since we've lived here (not even 2 years!). I say, if it's not working for you then you gotta change it up! I really missed having a large world map up on the wall so I bought a new one and Kelly cut some wood frame pieces for me. I stained the wood and then we nailed it right to the wall. Then I brought back the clip board for the kids important papers (with new decoupaged wooden clothespins) and hung it above the kids chore charts.


See, I have been busy. And to celebrate all the busy-ness last week, I have successfully not accomplished a thing this week!

8 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

It ALL looks wonderful! You are very clever at home decor and don't give yourself enough credit.

kg said...

I looove the world map! Great idea! And you recovered a lamp shade? Very impressed, with it all!

Mama Mary said...

Wow was my planned comment with a few add words and then I read the previous comment. . . so now my comment is double Wowsers. . . EXCELLENT!!! You go girl!! If votes are involved, you got mine!

Unknown said...

That's my favorite picture of you guys. Very busy lady! A week of work deserves a week off.

lisapenn said...

You are so creative! I love your color choices and LOVE the map on the wall. May have to steal that one!

Michael and Lindsey said...

Jen, I am awarding you with a Beautiful Blogger award! Check out my blog to find out how to accept it and pass it on to fellow bloggers!

Jenny said...

Very cute Jen! I wish I could come up with cute things to decorate the house. You are very talented.

Denise said...

Soooo talented! LOVE it! Ok...I NEED (and I do mean NEED) that "family" frame. I have been SEARCHING high and low for a frame to put our pics in we took last NOV. Can't find one yet....so I haven't put them up. They'll be old news by the time. Where did you get it....I want one I want one I WANT ONE!

Anyhow...get nothing done this week. Last week made up for a few lazy weeks in my book ;)