Thursday, September 2, 2010

(not) Made in the USA

It has recently come to my attention that my family does weird things at the dinner table. Like concoct smoothies with odd ingredients and play "Guess what's in this smoothie." Our all-time favorite dinner game is the "Take something off the table" game...I'll tell you about it some (other) time.

Lately we have been checking our clothes--while sitting at the dinner table--to see where they were made. And then of course we have to locate each country on the map (which is conveniently located adjacent to the dinner table.....I am always looking for an opportunity to educate my children.) :)

Look at all these places!

Mexico
Madagascar
Indonesia
El Salvador
China
Haiti
Bangladesh
India
Pakistan
Peru
Honduras
Nicaragua
Vietnam
USA (Trevin's undies!) :)
Malaysia
Thailand
Sri Lanka
Hong Kong
Laos
Dominican Republic

And tonight at the dinner table, I (all of us, actually) discovered a country I had never ever in my entire life heard of: Lesotho. I had to Google it to even figure out where it was.



Does anybody else do weird things at the dinner table?!

9 comments:

Denise said...

what a fun tradition...we may have to try that...hehehehe

Mama Mary said...

Great tradition! Keep gathering at the dinner table - that is THE mostest important! And I have to say - 3 cheers for Trevin's undies - go USA!! :>)

Karen said...

Hmmm. Very unique. I may steal your ideas. We are just noisy on one side and quiet on the other. Cracks me how I have two that talk and two that don't.

kg said...

You are so international :)

The Hales said...

kkkk

The Hales said...

Sorry about the above comment..HEHEHE my computer has problems or maybe the user. We have a tradition of asking what was one good thing that happened that day and one bad thing. IT is interesting to see what they say. My Husbands is the craziest of them all.

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a fun game! We one time walked around Hobby Lobby to see where things were made. Definitely not in the USA!

Jennifer M. said...

Jen, what a great idea! I just might steal it. :) You always have great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.