Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oh, what a difference a year makes!




Trevin's first day of 4 year old Preschool! Yes, it was much different than last year's run-out- leaving-him-screaming-and-pray-he'll-stop-before-you-pick-him-up-in-4-hours episode. At 7:15 this morning he came into my bathroom completely dressed (shoes, too) donning his backpack and said, "Is it time to go yet?" No, honey we still have to wait 2 more hours.... After searching the front sidewalk for rolly-pollies, finishing chores (can you believe he forgot to make his bed?), taking these adorable pictures in which Trevin told me how he was going to stand, sit, etc., watching Max and Ruby & half of Blue's Clues it was FINALLY time to go to school. He had a brief moment of relapse when on the 3 minute drive to school Trevin said, "Mom, my forehead hurts." I told him he couldn't be sick today and he said, "I want tomorrow to be my first day of school."

Anyway, we got there and he happily got out of the car and found a friend from last year to walk in with. We had a very brief orientation in the chapel and then walked down to his classroom. He even walked ahead (way ahead) of me with his friends down the hallway. Once in the classroom all the kiddos headed straight for the toys and Trevin seemed content to join in the fun until....he spied me from across the room and had his second brief moment of relapse when he looked at me with sad puppy dog eyes and came over to glue himself to me. (Okay, this still isn't anywhere near as bad as last year.) I simply handed him (more like peeled him off of me) over to Miss M and left.....well, I hid out in the hallway a minute to make sure he was okay. He sat on Miss M's lap while all the kids were introduced....and now I just have to sit here eating my chocolate cake and playing on the computer until I can pick him up and hear all about his day in 2 hours, 41 minutes, and 15 seconds (no, make that 13 seconds)....but who's counting?!

3 comments:

danakat said...

He is so stinking cute! I miss the preschool days.
So chocolate cake, huh? Such a hard life...

Lisha said...

Those are some of the most squishqble cheeks I have ever seen, what at DOLL! Oh, I mean, what a little GI Joe! Enjoy some cake for me... I'm cleaning out the office. :(

kg said...

Cute pictures! Let the freedom begin!! Chocolate cake every day? :)