Monday, August 13, 2007

Our new toy

We got a treadmill! Now, I'm not a treadmill girl. Not at all. I much prefer the scenery of a different route every time I run (I get bored easily) BUT for a number of reasons we decided to get a treadmill:
1. We got a great deal on a used one from someone that Kelly works with.
2. Kelly actually really likes treadmills...and therefore
3. ...we may actually save $35 a month by cancelling his gym membership now that he can run at home
4. It's so dang hot outside!
5. I don't want to have to get up every morning at 5:30 to run (in order to beat the heat and in order to get the kids up and ready for school).

I used it this morning. I honestly believe this was my first ever real workout on a treadmill. I mean, I've tried them out in the stores and played on them a little at hotel workout facilities but I've never actually used one. It was okay. Yeah, just okay. It was pretty boring running in place for 30 minutes if you ask me (and Kim, I can't even imagine running much more than that on a treadmill) but at least I got to sleep in til 6:00 this morning.

Of course the kids are fascinated with our new toy as well. Kyler and Kierstyn both did some serious running on it this weekend. Trevin likes to play on it, too. This morning after I finished running it was Trevin's turn. When he was done he pointed to the screen and said, "Mom, look at my score!"

5 comments:

Lisha said...

I'm still amazed... You're the woman training for a half marathon!

kg said...

You'll get used to it! And believe me, anything is better than this heat for me. As I pondered my ill attempt to maybe run outside this week....the treadmill has won again (why get up EARLY and still run in the HEAT!)....is next week supposed to be better? Maybe I'll give it a try then. Yay for treadmills! :) I guess I should of just emailed or called...as this comment is getting a bit looong.

danakat said...

I like my treadmill for exactly the reasons you listed. But I 100% agree about the boredom! By the way...I love that your treadmill rates a picture on your blog. You must secretly love it more than you think. :)

danakat said...

Yeah, yeah...I've seen the treadmill blog. I'm waiting...
:)

danakat said...

Touche`