Sunday, August 12, 2007

You know he's a keeper when....



Yesterday Kelly and I got up early for a long run. We took a right turn out of our neighborhood and ran out into the country. About a mile down the road, Kelly said, "I never thought about dogs out in the country." (Thanks, sweetie, I wasn't paranoid about vicious dogs until NOW.) Well, we weren't really bothered too much--most of the dogs we saw were on chains or behind a fence BUT
on our way back home a dog decided to "tag along" with us for a minute. I was running on the inside (closest to the dog but I really wasn't scared) and Kelly--dear sweet husband that he is--told me to get on the outside.....all this because if the dog was going to attack, Kelly wanted it to attack him first! Yep, I think I'll keep him! (And he's so cute, too!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to share your love for Kelly for protecting you from dogs with Hailey. She often talks about how Kelly held her and told "those little dogs to go home!"

Convenienty, Hailey came out of her bed when I was reading your blog and while I made her some more milk she stood and stared at the picture of Kelly.

Oh how that little girl loves her Uncle Kelly.

danakat said...

Yep, you've got a keeper.
And I absolutely love that first picture of T on your last blog!!!